The NNN Properties Group as exclusive advisor is pleased to present for sale fee simple interest in a single tenant investment property leased to Dollar General (“the Offering”) in a rare, densely populated, urban location in the Gentilly submarket in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The Buyer of this passive net lease investment opportunity will enjoy a stable cash flow stream backed by a leading investment-grade corporate guaranty with minimal landlord responsibilities, as well as 10% rental increases in each of three five-year extension options, offering a hedge against inflation.
The Offering consists of an approximately 9,014 square foot freestanding building on an approximately 38,848 square foot parcel leased to Dollar General Corporation, the leading national discount retailer in the country. Founded in 1939 and headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tennessee, Dollar General is a publicly traded company that operates over 15,000 stores in 45 states. The company’s 2018 revenues totaled $23.43 Billion USD, and has experienced consistent year-over-year sales growth since the company’s inception. Dollar General has an investment-grade credit rating of BBB with S&P and Baa2 with Moody’s.
Dollar General has been operating at this location since 2009, and its lease is modified double net (“NN”) in structure, with landlord responsibilities limited to roof, structure and parking lot repairs. The landlord receives a monthly CAM allowance for parking lot and landscaping maintenance totaling $300 per month, which is reconciled at year-end to actual expenses, resulting in a debit or credit to the landlord. Tenant responsibilities include property taxes (reimbursed by Dollar General at year-end), property and general liability insurance, utilities, interior maintenance and HVAC repair and replacement (most double net Dollar General leases require the landlord to pay for all annual HVAC expenses exceeding $1,000). The landlord recently invested over $8,000 into the roof, mitigating short-term cost exposure for the Buyer.
Strategically located on a soft corner intersection at 4515 Old Gentilly Road in the Gentilly neighborhood of New Orleans, the Offering benefits from immediate proximity to a dominant cluster of national credit retailers, as well immediate proximity to and visibility from the Interstate 10 Freeway, with traffic counts exceeding 116,000 vehicles per day. Unlike the vast majority of Dollar General net lease properties, the Offering benefits from being located near the urban core of a densely populated metropolitan statistical area featuring over 1.2 million residents, including over 105,000 within a 3-mile radius.
Corporate Guaranty from Seasoned, Investment-Grade, Daily Needs Tenant
- Dollar General is top discount retailer in country, operating over 15,000 stores in 45 states
- 2018 revenues totaled $23.43 Billion USD; has experienced consistent year-over-year sales growth since company’s inception 80 years ago
- Publicly-traded company with Investment-grade credit rating of BBB with S&P and Baa2 with Moody’s
- “Amazon-resilient” business model provides further hedge against default risk during potential economic downturn
Rare Urban-Infill Location with Immediate Proximity to CBD
- Extremely rare opportunity to acquire an urban Dollar General only 5 miles north from the New Orleans Central Business District
- Within immediate proximity to bevy of national credit retailers, incl. Walmart, Walgreens, Chase, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, McDonald’s & Raising Cane’s
- Incredible population density for a Dollar General site; over 10,000 people within 1-mi radius, and over 105,000 in 3-mi radius
- Positioned on over 38,000 square feet of land fronting major interstate, enhancing the redevelopment potential and intrinsic value of site
Passive Modified Double Net Lease Structure with Rental Increases
- Rare “modified” double net lease structure in which Dollar General is responsible for HVAC replacement along with property taxes, insurance, utilities, interior maintenance and parking/landscaping CAM reimbursements; Landlord’s responsibilities limited to roof, structure & parking/landscaping
- Seller has invested over $8,000 into roof within last two years, offering additional hedge against future cost exposure to Buyer
- 10% increase in September 2019 and each of the three 5-year options offers hedge against inflation
Excellent Traffic Counts, Access & Freeway Visibility
- Old Gentilly Road (6,800+ cars per day) connects Chef Menteur Highway 90 (25,000+ cars per day) and Interstate 10 Freeway (296,000+ cars per day) Traffic counts are well above-average for Dollar General properties
- Dollar General and store’s monument sign both visible from Interstate 10, greatly enhancing Offering’s exposure within trade area
- Located on soft corner that can be easily accessed by northbound traffic on Old Gentilly before getting on I-10 South towards downtown NOLA