The NNN Properties Group and WCB Commercial Real Estate as exclusive co-advisors are pleased to present for sale fee simple interest in a single tenant investment property leased to Advance Auto Parts (“the Offering”) in a densely populated infill location along the primary retail corridor in Alexandria, Louisiana. The Buyer of this passive net lease investment opportunity will enjoy a stable cash flow stream backed by an national “essential service”-providing auto parts retailer offering an investment-grade corporate guaranty, along with a triple net lease structure featuring minimal landlord responsibilities. The Offering consists of an approximately 6,972 square foot freestanding steel and masonry building on a large 1.16-acre lot leased to Advance Auto Parts, Inc., one of the largest discount auto parts retailers in the country. Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Advance Auto Parts is a publicly traded company that operates over 5,000 stores in 46 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. The company’s fiscal year 2019 revenues totaled $9.7 billion, and the company has an investment-grade credit rating of BBB- with S&P and Baa2 with Moody’s.
Advance Auto Parts has been operating at this location since 2005, and its lease is modified triple net (“NNN”) in structure, with the tenant responsible for property taxes (reimbursed), insurance, roof, HVAC and parking lot repairs, and the landlord responsible for the slab, foundation and structure. Advance Auto Parts recently waived its contractual right to terminate the lease, and will enter its first of three five-year extension options on August 1st, 2020. Strategically located on a hard signalized corner featuring excellent access and visibility from MacArthur Drive (U.S. Highway 71), the primary north-south commercial corridor in Alexandria, Louisiana featuring over 37,000 vehicles per day, the Offering is within immediate proximity to a dominant cluster of national credit retailers. Unlike many Advance Auto Parts net lease properties on the market today, the Offering also benefits from being located near the urban core of a well-populated metropolitan statistical area featuring over 40,000 residents in a 3-mile radius. Most importantly, if Advance Auto Parts were to ever vacate in the future, the investor would be left with an ideal commercial development parcel that would be desirable to many national retailers looking to relocate or penetrate the Alexandria market.
DESIRABLE SINGLE TENANT NET LEASE INVESTMENT PROPERTY
- 5+ years of firm term remaining on modified triple net (“NNN”) lease with two (2) remaining five (5) year extension options Passive lease structure with Tenant responsible for property taxes (reimbursed), insurance, roof, HVAC, and parking lot repairs (Landlord responsible for slab, foundation and structure)
- High quality construction (steel-reinforced concrete block)
- Ideal 1031 exchange property at low price point under $2MM
INTRINSICALLY VALUABLE INFILL LOCATION
- Located on signalized corner directly off MacArthur Drive (U.S. Hwy 71), boasting strong traffic counts exceeding 37,000 VPD Alexandria serves as the crossroads of Louisiana, located only 2 hours from Shreveport/Baton Rouge, and just over 3 hours from New Orleans
- Located in a blue collar, “Do-It-Yourself” city, which fits into Advance Auto Parts’ ideal location profile
- Average household income of over $63,000 in a 3-mile radius in Advance Auto Parts’ “sweet spot”
- Located on dominant retail corridor; nearby retailers include Home Depot, Kroger, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Walgreens, Hobby Lobby, Target, Best Buy, Academy Sports, McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, Raising Cane’s, Applebee’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Family Dollar, Taco Bell, Sherwin-Williams, Circle K, and Starbucks, among others
NATIONAL, INVESTMENT-GRADE, ESSENTIAL “DAILY NEEDS” TENANT
- Advance Auto Parts, Inc. is an investment-grade, national credit tenant (NYSE: AAP; S&P :BBB-; Moody’s: Baa2) Fortune 500 company and one of the dominant players within the discount auto parts sector
- Market cap of $9.62 billion with fiscal year 2019 revenues exceeding $9.7 billion
- Over 5,000 stores in 46 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada